Career with opportunity to contribute to the community
Gain your qualification in disability work with CLO's support
Real career path with real learning and development opportunities
Do you want to start working in the disability/mental health industry but don't have any qualifications yet?
If so, read on!
Community Living Options (CLO) is a leading disability services provider in South Australia. We support people who live in their own home in the community.
We have a fantastic opportunity for people who are looking to get started in the disability services industry who don't yet have the qualifications required but have the values and drive we look for in providing person-centred support.
Strong values is the core of our organisation and what we do plays a great role in CLO's success.
Why Team CLO?
When you join Team CLO, you don't just join an organisation, there's much more to it and we truly value our staff. We provide plenty of benefits for CLO employees, including:
- Excellent employee training and development focuses
- Strong and growing opportunities for career progression
- Salary packaging benefits (up to $15,899 tax-free p.a)
- Health & well-being program including Team CLO events, corporate health insurance and gym membership discounts
- Yearly flu vaccinations
- Supportive and collaborative team environments
- Diverse and dynamic work opportunities
About the process:
At CLO, we search for people who share our values to provide quality supports and to provide great opportunities and a great life! If you're new to the industry or are interested in learning about a career in disability services, we want to hear from you.
CLO is currently looking to select successful candidates to enrol in a Certificate III Individual Support (Disability). Candidates will complete the course with Auctus Consulting (RTO 40879) and will undertake placement with CLO. Candidates that meet the criteria for Work Ready may be eligible for funding support to complete their course.
Our vision is that successful candidates who meet the outcomes of the course will go on to secure employment with CLO.
What work will I do?
Depending on who you support, your tasks as a Person Centred Support Worker will vary. Duties may include:
- Facilitating social interactions with the people we support and the community
- Engaging in community activities, including outings in the community
- Support skill development
- Role modelling behaviours and skills
- Contribute to clients' activities of daily living, including personal care
At placement, you may have the opportunity to work in a variety of settings.
In order to be successful for employment with CLO following your course completion, you must:
- Share the vision and values of our organisation
- Obtain a DCSI (Disability-Related) Clearance (we can help with this)
- Be willing and able to work across a 24X7 rotating roster
- Obtain a Senior First Aid Certificate
How to Apply:
Please submit an application on CLO's Careers Page by following this APPLY link.
Your application should include an overview of your interests and why you want to commence employment in the disability services industry. You should also include your CV, with past work and education history.
We will be in touch with every applicant to inform you of the outcome and the progression process following application.
If you have any questions about the process, please call the HR Team on 08 7221 9550.
NOTE:No Job Agencies please. Candidates must apply as above and must submit their own application.
Community Living Options is an equal opportunity organisation. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply